Category Archives: Business

Big Tummies Pizza and Chicken Wings

Pizza or chicken wings cravings are no longer a problem for us. Big Tummies got our cravings covered. Their outlet is just a few blocks away from our house. Kaya naman ang dali na lang umorder ng pizza at chicken wings. Nakakatuwa that their outlet in our area is thriving. Masarap naman kasi ang products nila at hindi papahuli sa ibang popular pizza outlets. 

Shawarma pizza
Chicken wings Korean flavor

It’s is not a sponsored post, just happy to support a local business like Big Tummies

How to help mango farmers in Luzon

A Filipino chef and food advocate recently urged the public to help mango farmers from Luzon.

Through his Facebook post, Chef Jam Melchor, who is also the founder of the Philippine Culinary Heritage Movement, has made the following appeal.

“Food industry friends, we need to help our mango farmers! Sweet, velvety, soft and scandalously succulent – we have the best mangoes in the world!

This season, they are producing about 100 tons per week. One truck can contain 4 tons. They can give it at P25/K if 4 tons ang order. Export grade is at P50/k. You may call DA Main office (AMAS) at (02) 925 3795 so they can link you directly to these mango producers.

Remember that picture of tons and tons of locally grown tomatoes dumped by farmers in Laguna in a waste dumpsite last year was very troubling. For one, the farmers toiled to grow those tomatoes and they got nothing for their effort.

Those tomato farmers figured they have nothing more to lose and decided to keep their pride by dumping their produce instead. That deprived the traders of the opportunity to make their unholy profits at their expense.

Let us not wait for the time when our farmers will give up on us. It is time to rethink how each of us can help them, even in small ways.” #PhilippineMango#SupportourFarmers #LoveLocal #ItsmorefuninthePhilippines#PreserveFilipinoFood

Credit: Jam Melchor

Application for a federal tax id number

Sometimes we can get confused with the different references when it comes to the process of filing our taxes with the Internal Revenue Service or the IRS. These references such as “federal tax id number”, “Federal Employer id number (FEIN)”, or the “Employer id number (EIN)”, all refer to the same thing. It refers to the nine digit number that is issued by the US Internal Revenue Service to business entities for the purpose of identification.

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

This nine digit number is only used for tax administration. When the number is used for identification purposes, it is usually referred to as the Taxpayer id number or TIN and when it is used for the purpose of reporting taxes, it is usually referred to as Employer id number or EIN.

When do you need to apply for this nine digit number? You will need to apply for one if you are:

  • Starting a new business.
  • Intending to hire employees for your business. This also includes household employees.
  • Opening bank account that may require you to furnish an Employer Identification Number or the EIN.
  • Changing of ownership of your business, for example forming a partnership.
  • Creating a trust or representing an estate that operates a business after the owner’s death. A trust is where one party holds assets for the benefit of another party. A trust needs the trust tax id number to report its income, gains and losses, plus deductions under the federal law.

In order to avoid wasting precious time trying to navigate the IRS online site, many business owners will turn to a third party designee to assists them to obtain the Federal tax id number from the IRS on their behalf for a fee. There will be no charge if you choose to visit the IRS website yourself to complete the application.

The third party designee will process your application for your tax id number with the Internal Revenue Service or IRS and deliver it to you securely via email within 1 – 2 working days. If you need help in filling and completing of your application form, their customer service team will be there to assist you. But if you need any kind of legal advice concerning legal issues, it is advisable to contact an attorney or a law firm because third party designees are not law firms.