I cooked this dish a few months back. It is easy to cook but a bit longer to prepare because of shrimp deveining and cleaning mussels.
The ingredients are few. We need shrimps, mussels, corn cut into four pieces, spring onion, garlic (lots of it), butter (or margarine), salt, and pepper to taste. You can add other spices like cayenne and chili flakes.
First, boil the corn until done. In a separate pan, saute the garlic in little oil and butter. Add in mussels and let it simmer for a few minutes until the shell opens. Then add shrimps. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Simmer until the shrimps turn orange. Add the other spices as you please. Simmer for a few more minutes. Turn off heat.
Add the corn to the side of a platter; arrange the shrimps and mussels. Top the dish with spring onion and the remaining sauce in the pan. You’re all set. Pair it with plain rice or fried rice. Happy eating!
I finally got this cookbook by Chef Tatung courtesy of my daughter. This was her advanced birthday gift to me.
Thinking about what would be our meal for the day is a tedious task. Can you relate, mommies?
Chef Tatung’s Simpol Cookbook is like an answer to my daily problem. It features 101 recipes with video links. You can choose from chicken, pork, beef, vegetable, seafood, and rice, and noodle.
Even before I got this book, I already tried cooking my modified version of Simpol’s herb roast chicken. I copied the procedure later on for blog posting. I’m excited to cook as many recipes as possible.
Hello friends! I haven’t been posting as much on this blog. I was a little busy with some online opportunities that I can not simply pass up.
Anyway, I cooked this dish last January, following Chef Tatung Sarthou’s recipe with slight modification. The chicken I bought was bigger, and I’m missing some herbs like basil and oregano to marinate the chicken.
Chicken, salt, cracked black pepper, garlic, rosemary, lemon, parsley, onion, soy sauce, potatoes, and oil.
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper, including the inner cavity.
- Combine 4 tablespoon Canola oil, 1 garlic head peeled and pounded into a paste, 2 tablespoon rosemary, 1 lemon juice, 4 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1 a handful of chopped parsley.
- Mix the ingredients into a paste and massage into the chicken, including the inner cavity.
- Stuff chicken with 1 onion and lemon peel. Add some sliced potatoes and marinate them with the paste mixtures.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to an hour, or overnight in the chiller.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and roast chicken in a pan with a roasting rack for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Brush with oil every 30 minutes. Rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Credit: Simpol The Cookbook by Chef Tatung Sarthou