Do you think that you know the food products that you should pay attention to so that you can lose weight at the soonest possible time? It is not true that all types of food will allow you to gain weight. There are some super foods that will give you the chance to experience weight loss.
Are you interested to know the type of food that can help you lose weight? Here are some food products that will allow you to lose weight:
- Water – You might not usually think of water as food but you have to remember that this can be very beneficial for you because water can make you feel full. At the same time, water can also help cleanse the system to get rid of toxins that might be causing the weight gain.
- Cauliflower – Cauliflower is known to be a cruciferous veggie and you can be sure that this is one food product that can give you the anti oxidants that you may possibly need. With a large amount of anti oxidants in your system, you know that you can lose weight.
- Grapefruit – Grapefruit contains a lot of vital nutrients that can help the body start losing weight. It has some essentials that can help in weight loss.
There are still other food products that can help you in losing weight. Remember to consume just the right amounts for the best results.
Food Safety is the assurance/guarantee that food will not cause harm to the consumers when it is prepared and/or eaten according to its intended use.
Food and Water-borne Diseases
Is a group of illness caused by any infectious (bacteria, viruses and parasites) and non-infectious agents (chemical, animal and plant toxins).
Common Causes of Food and Water Borne Diseases
- unsafe sources of drinking water
- improper disposal of human waste
- unhygienic practices like spitting anywhere, blowing or picking the nose
- unsafe food handling and preparation practices i.e. street vended foods
Five Keys to Safer Food (Source: WHO)
- Keep Clean.
- Separate raw and cooked foods.
- Cook foods thoroughly.
- Keep food at safe temperatures.
- Use safe water and raw materials.
In case of Suspected Foodborne Illnesses
- Preserve the evidence. If a portion of the suspected food is available, wrap it securely “danger” and freeze it.
- Seek treatment as necessary. If symptoms persists or are severe (i.e. bloody diarrhea, excessive nausea and vomiting or high temperature), immediately consult a doctor.
- Report the incidence to the local health department.
Image not mine
Every year over 1 million people have Strabismus surgery. Strabismus occurs when there is an abnormal alignment with the eyes. Strabismus procedures correct this abnormal alignment. It is one of the most common eye procedures that doctors perform throughout the United States.
During surgery the extra ocular muscles are worked on to help fix the alignment issue. There are a few different methods to correcting the issues depending on what each individuals situation is. Some patients need the eye muscle tightened while others need the eye muscles loosened.
Although there are different reasons for having the surgery the procedure usually begins the same way. The doctor will use an instrument called a lid speculum to hold the eyes opens. The surgeon will then make a small incision in the thin layer known as the conjunctiva. After cutting the conjunctiva the doctor will then use another small tool known as a hook to separate the eye muscle so it can be worked on. After the muscle is by itself the doctor will then begin the process of loosening or tightening the muscle.
Having eye surgery to correct the muscles is a one day procedure. At most the operation usually takes a few hours to finish. Although the actual length of the procedure varies on the individual. Typically children and adults are put under general anesthesia before the surgery.
As with any surgery there is some pre and post care that patients should follow. Before the surgery the nurse or doctor will go into full detail but there are a few things to keep in mind. Pre surgery aspirins should be avoided since they can mix with blood flow. Post surgery there may be redness and some pain in the eye area. After surgery patients are also required to wear an eye cover or an eye patch to help keep light out. Light can cause extreme discomfort in the eye while it is healing.
With very little pre care and after care having the Strabismus procedure can not only improve the look of the eye but it can also improve vision. Many eye problems can be solved with this procedure. Those who suffer from double vision, depth perception problems, and hand to eye coordination problems can benefit from this procedure. Whether individuals are born with an abnormal alignment or develop one throughout their adult life there are ways to help correct the problem.