I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but this would surely be another hit to my kids.
2 cups fresh Ampalaya leaves
1 bowl cold water
½ cup cornstarch
4 pieces egg whites
1 cup cooking oil
- Combine all ingredients for dip, mix till well blended. Set aside.
- Remove ampalaya leaves from stems and wash very well. Soak in a bowl of cold water.
- Pat dry each ampalaya leaf with paper towels.
- Combine cornstarch and eggwhites in a separate bowl and beat with wirewhip.
- Dip each dried leaf in a batter.
- Deep fry leaves in heated cooking oil until coating hardens or is light brown. Serves four to six persons.
Price per individual serving is reasonable; you can still buy affordable chromaharp strings for your guitar.
Source: Philippine Institute of Traditional and Alternative Health Care (PITAHC)