How to make the tempura batter:
1 medium egg
225ml ice-cold water
100g plain flour
1. Beat the egg in a bowl and add the iced water. The water must be as cold as possible, as this prevents the batter from absorbing too much oil, keeping it light and crispy.
2. Lightly mix in the flour with a fork and beat gently. Don’t worry too much about lumps.
Prepare this batter immediately before use.
Here’s some helpful information about the lowly yet phenomenal Malunggay:
- Malunggay leaves helps strengthens the immune system.
- Malunggay can help restores skin condition like acne treatment, controls blood pressure, relieves headaches and migraines.
- Malunggay tea can help strengthen the eye muscles.
- Malunggay tea can help heal inflammation of the joints and tendons.
- Malunggay tea can prevent intestinal worms.
- Malunggay can help increase semen count.
- Malunggay help normalize blood sugar level therefore preventing diabetes.
- Malunggay has anti-cancer compounds (phytochemicals) that help stop the growth of cancer cells.
- Malunggay helps relax and promotes good night sleep.
- Malunggay tea is used to treat fever and asthma.
- Malunggay help heals ulcers.
- Malunggay is high in calcium (four times the calcium in milk), therefore lactating mothers are advised to consume malunggay leaves to produce more milk for their babies. The young malunggay leaves are also boiled and taken as tea.
- Malunggay contains three times the potassium in bananas.
- Malunggay contain four times the vitamin A in carrots.
- An ounce of malunggay has the same Vitamin C content as seven oranges.
- Malunggay leaves contain two times the protein in milk.
- Malunggay seed is used to clean dirty or polluted water.