This is my modified okoy recipe. Read my post here.
Shredded squash (my replacement for mongo sprout), sweet potatoes (kamote) (shredded), carrots (shredded), tofu (minced), onion (minced), four eggs (beaten), flour, salt to taste, pepper, oil for frying.
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients – shredded squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, tofu, onion, beaten eggs, flour, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat moderate amount of cooking oil in the pan.
3. Put a spoonful of okoy mixture.
4. Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
5. Drain the excess oil on paper towel and you’re done.
Best served with cooked rice.
Kids will also love this for snack.
For dipping sauce:
You’ll need vinegar, soy sauce, onion, red chilli, pepper, sugar.
Happy eating! 🙂