It’s the second time I cooked this dish for the family. It’s budget-friendly and easy to prepare than the other sweet and sour dishes I’ve made.
- 8 – 10 tofu (tokwa), thinly cubed
- green and red bell peppers, cubed
- ginger, julienned
- onion, cubed
- garlic, minced
- soy sauce
- oil for frying
- Slice tofu into thin cubes, fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- For the sauce, mix the following ingredients:
4 tablespoon sugar, 3 tbsp. vinegar, 4 tbsp. ketchup, 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- Saute ginger, onion, garlic.
- Add bell pepper. Simmer for a couple of minutes before adding the sauce mixture.
- Add cornstarch 1 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1/3 cup water.
- Mix until sauce thickens.
- Add fried tofu and mix well. Turn off heat.
- Served with freshly steamed rice or fried rice.