Food preparation and presentation takes a lot of time and creativity. But if you really enjoy cooking, making attractive meals is easy for you to do.
- Try to find food stores or markets where you can buy fresh vegetables, fruits and low fat meat or fish for your meals.
- Be careful with storing food, especially if you do not have a refrigerator. Eat leftovers from meals on the same day.
- Make your meals something to look forward to everyday, and take time to prepare them.
- Find new ways of combining food you like with new products youâ€™ve heard. Experiment in your cooking.
- Use food with lots of fiber, such as vegetables, fruits, nuts and cereals, to help prevent constipation.
- Invite a friend or relative to share a meal with you.
- Remember, a good, well-balanced meal does not have to be expensive.
- Make sure that you can chew your food well. You may need to consult a dentist for dentures. If you already have false teeth, see your dentist if they do not fit you well.
Source: World Health Organization