The kids have requested for cheese sticks last week. But their wish was only granted yesterday. 🙂 I cook some for their afternoon snack.
This is easy to prepare. You’ll need cheese (I used Eden) and lumpia wrapper (medium size), cut into half. Slice the cheese into thin strips and then wrap in lumpia wrappers. Fry in a pan with a small amount of oil until golden brown.
You can serve ketchup or mayonnaise as dipping sauce.
I wish to make this delectable snack for the kids one of these days. 🙂
Photo and recipe taken from http://www.femalenetwork.com/
Takes 10 minutes
Bakes 10 to 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
6 hotdog buns
1 can spaghetti or pizza sauce
6 pieces hotdogs, blanched or fried
1 small bottle cheese spread
2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
1. Slice the top of the buns. Hollow out the center to make room for the hotdog.
2. Fill with spaghetti sauce. Top with hotdog.
3. In a small bowl, blend cheese spread with enough water to make a thin spreading consistency. Drizzle over the hotdog.
4. Put back the top of the hotdog bun and wrap the sandwich in foil.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Baon Tip: Keep the sandwich wrapped in the foil so it remains hot until break time.
(Photo by Ocs Alvarez)
I’m looking forward to preparing snacks and lunch for the kids. It’s easier to prepare everything if I plan their meal ahead of time. Planning their snack and lunch give the kids lots of healthy selections to choose from. I can easily perk up the meals using my list. Preconceived menu also saves me a lot of time and energy to go to market.
Check out my back-to-school meal (baon) here.